Secure payments anytime
Need to pay the babysitter? Want to split the dinner tab? Now you can pay just about anyone, anywhere, anytime with peer-to-peer payments through Zelle®. It’s quick. It’s easy. And it gives you control.
With Zelle, you get money fast. Money can be sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account in a snap! Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient is already enrolled with Zelle.
Share experiences, not account numbers. With Zelle, sending money or making payments is secure, so you don’t have to be worried about losing checks or looking for a nearby fee-free ATM (although those are plentiful with Jovia!).
Send money simply. Zelle lets you send money with just a few taps on your mobile phone. Send money to almost anyone you know in the U.S. using only the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
How do you get started with Zelle?
It’s easy! You can get started with Zelle through online banking or the mobile app.
- Log into Jovia Financial Credit Union's online banking or mobile app, and select "Send Money with Zelle®".
- Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
- Receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you're ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle!
Zelle is a fast, safe, and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, as long as they have a bank account in the U.S.
You can send money to friends, family, and others you trust, as long as they have a bank account in the U.S.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account, it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always double check to make sure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile cellphone number.
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle.
To get started, log into Jovia Financial Credit Union's Online Banking or Mobile app, and select "Zelle®". If this is your first time using Zelle, you will need to register. You can do this by following the steps outlined here.
To send money using Zelle, simply click the “Send” tab and add a new contact using a trusted recipient's email address, U.S. mobile phone number, or the account number, routing number, and account type. Next, enter the amount you'd like to send, and an optional note. Then, just review and hit "Send."
To request money using Zelle, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request". In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.
To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle.
There are two ways to add a contact in Zelle. First, navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App.
- When sending, requesting, or splitting funds, you can start typing a name, email, or cell phone number in the “To” field. If it does not exist in your contacts list, you will have the option to add a contact. Complete the remaining information and then click “Add”.
- Under “Settings” within Zelle, click on the Contacts tab, and then click on the “Add Contact” button. Enter the required fields and then click “Save”.
If your contact is not already a Zelle user, they will need to enroll with Zelle before they can send or receive money.
To delete a contact, navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App. Click “Settings” and then tap on the Contacts tab. Click on the contact you want to remove, then click Remove Contact. A message will display, "Are you sure you want to remove with the name of the contact" .Select Remove Contact.
If you are already enrolled with Zelle, you do not need to take any further action. The money will move directly into your bank account.
If you are not yet enrolled with Zelle, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Jovia Financial Credit Union.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle using the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle here.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
When you enroll with Zelle through your online banking account, or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your credit union, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle (don’t worry, no sensitive account details are shared with Zelle ).
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle looks up the email address or mobile number in its "directory" and notifies you of the incoming payment. Zelle then directs the payment directly into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
In order to use Zelle, both the sender and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
You can only cancel a Zelle payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle or if the payment is scheduled for a future date. To check whether you can cancel the payment, log into Online or Mobile banking, select "Zelle®", and visit the Activity Tab. If the recipient hasn’t registered with Zelle yet, you can click “Stop the payment”. If the payment is future-dated, you can click “Cancel”. There is no fee for cancelling a pending transaction.
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren't able to get your money back, please call member services at 1-855-JOVIA4U so we can help you.
Money sent with Zelle is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes. (Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.)
If you send money to someone who isn't enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly to your recipient's account.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you're waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact member services at 1-855-JOVIA4U.
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for Jovia. When you use Zelle within our Jovia Mobile app or Online Banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your credit union accounts safe.
If you don't know the person, or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk). Neither Jovia Financial Credit Union, nor Zelle, offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
There are no limits on receiving money in your Jovia Financial Account. Keep in mind that people sending you money may have limits set by their own financial institution. The minimum amount that you can send is $10. We also set limits on the number of times you can send money and the amount of money you can send as follows:
Typically within Minutes*
(1-3 Business Days)**
* U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled users typically occur in minutes.
**Scheduled and recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by Jovia Financial, but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take 1 – 3 business days to process.
Navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App. Click the activity tab to view pending or past transactions.
- On hold: Payment was placed on hold, usually because the sender failed verification when attempting to schedule the payment.
- If this is a payment you are sending, the recipient was notified of this payment. Funds will be withdrawn from your account the next day.
- If this is a payment you are receiving, the funds are en route and will be deposited into your account within 3 business days.
- In Progress:
- If this is a payment you are sending, the recipient was notified of this payment and the payment is being processed.
- If this is a payment you received, the funds are en route and will be deposited into your account within 3 business days.
- Failed: A payment may fail due to one of the following reasons:
- The recipient was unable to validate access to the mobile phone or email as provided by the sender
- The funds could not be deposited into the bank account provided by the recipient
- There are insufficient funds in the account to cover the amount of the payment
- Stopped: The sender stopped the payment after the send date. The funds are returned to the sender’s account.
- Expired: The recipient has 10 days from the send date to provide instructions on how to deposit the payment, after which the payment expires, and the funds are returned to the sender’s account.
- Completed: The payment has successfully been deposited into the recipient’s account.
Navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App. Click the activity tab to view past transactions. Tap the transaction that you would like to review. In the To: field, it will list the name and phone number or email to which the transaction was sent to.