Secure payments anytime
Need to pay the babysitter, or want to split the dinner tab with friends? Now you can pay just about anyone, anywhere, anytime with peer-to-peer payments through Zelle®.
It’s quick, it’s easy, and it gives you full control over where your finances go! All you have to do to start using Zelle® is sign up for online access!
Benefits of Using Zelle®
Move money easily
With Zelle®, you can move money fast. Money can be sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account in a snap! Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient is already enrolled with Zelle®.
Pay or get paid anytime, anywhere
With Zelle®, you can pay almost anyone you know who has a bank account, even if it's not at the same financial institution as you.
Keep payments secure
Share experiences, not account numbers. With Zelle®, sending money or making payments is secure, so you don’t have to be worried about losing checks or looking for a nearby fee-free ATM (although those are plentiful with Jovia!).
Getting started is simple
Zelle® is available within online banking and our mobile app. To start sending or requesting payments, simply:
- Sign in: Sign into online banking or the mobile app and navigate to Payments & Transfers, and select Zelle®.
- Set up your account: Once you’ve opened Zelle®, you’ll be asked to enter your email and mobile number, as well as accept the terms and conditions of the service.
- Verify your account: Receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you're ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle!
It’s easy to send, request, and receive payments
With Zelle®, it's easy to pay your friends and family, and get paid.
- Send money: To send money simply click the “Send” tab and add a new contact using a trusted recipient's email address, U.S. mobile phone number, or account number, routing number, and account type. Next, enter the amount you'd like to send, and an optional note. Then, just review and hit "Send."
- Request money: To request money, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request". In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.
- Receive Money: To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App. Click the activity tab to view pending or past transactions.
- On hold: Payment was placed on hold, usually because the sender failed verification when attempting to schedule the payment.
- If this is a payment you are sending, the recipient was notified of this payment. Funds will be withdrawn from your account the next day.
- If this is a payment you are receiving, the funds are en route and will be deposited into your account within 3 business days.
- In Progress:
- If this is a payment you are sending, the recipient was notified of this payment and the payment is being processed.
- If this is a payment you received, the funds are en route and will be deposited into your account within 3 business days.
- Failed: A payment may fail due to one of the following reasons:
- The recipient was unable to validate access to the mobile phone or email as provided by the sender
- The funds could not be deposited into the bank account provided by the recipient
- There are insufficient funds in the account to cover the amount of the payment
- Stopped: The sender stopped the payment after the send date. The funds are returned to the sender’s account.
- Expired: The recipient has 10 days from the send date to provide instructions on how to deposit the payment, after which the payment expires, and the funds are returned to the sender’s account.
- Completed: The payment has successfully been deposited into the recipient’s account.
Log into Jovia Financial Credit Union's Online Banking or Mobile app and select "Zelle®". Next, navigate to the settings tab. Here, you can update your email and phone number by clicking the plus sign “+” next to your current email or phone number. Once updated, be sure to verify the new email or phone number to ensure you are ready to continue sending a receiving money with Zelle.
Users can have up to two emails addresses and two U.S. mobile phone numbers associated with Zelle. You can use Zelle at multiple financial institutions, but you must have a different email address or mobile phone number linked to each account you enroll with Zelle. If you try to use the same email address or mobile phone number to enroll with Zelle at multiple financial institutions, you will receive an error message.
Money sent with Zelle is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes. (Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.)
If you send money to someone who isn't enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly to your recipient's account.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you're waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact member services at 1-855-JOVIA4U.
To delete a contact, navigate to Zelle within Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App. Click “Settings” and then tap on the Contacts tab. Click on the contact you want to remove, then click Remove Contact. A message will display, "Are you sure you want to remove with the name of the contact" .Select Remove Contact.