I have a vehicle loan with the credit union. Can I title my car in someone else's name?

Yes! You do have the option to title and/or register your vehicle in someone else's name.

In order to do this, the new owner must sign a Security Agreement form, acknowledging that the credit union has a lien against their property. The Security Agreement must be notarized and submitted to us as well as the DMV, along with whatever other documentation they require to properly place the lien. Depending on the state, the DMV may also need a letter of permission. Please check with the DMV in the title state for details on their requirements.

If you prefer, you can visit one of our branches with the new owner to sign and notarize the document on the spot, or contact our Call Center to submit your request.

Back to Knowledge Base