Jovia takes protecting your privacy and your information very seriously.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information we collect may be one of two types: Personal Information and Other
Information, including Aggregate Data and Anonymous Data
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information provided primarily by you through forms, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, mobile numbers, account numbers, usernames and passwords. We may also collect social security numbers, driver’s license numbers and other personally identifiable information when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business, including in connection with an application for employment or other recruiting purposes.
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, as well as Aggregated Data and Anonymous Data. Aggregated Data and Anonymous Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individuals or individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
With Whom Do We Share the Information We Collect?
Information. We may use or share information to enhance your experience on our sites, to help deliver our ads on your web browser, and to measure advertising campaign effectiveness. We may also share your information as required to meet legal and regulatory obligations.
How does Jovia Gather, Use & Share Information That We Collect Online?
We, and our third-party service providers, may collect information about you through the Online Services including information about your devices, carrier, and location information. This information is collected and analyzed to assist with fraud detection and for other security purposes to keep your account safe, and to enhance our ability to optimize and personalize your online experiences. We may also gather additional information when you initiate a transaction. Information collected may include:
• Your IP address (the numeric address assigned to your device you are using to access our service)
• The hardware and browser information of your devices
• Data such as the date and time you accessed our services
• Based upon your location preference settings, your physical location may be transmitted to us when you log in, request information or in the background when the app is not being used through the mobile application
• Your activities during your visit.
Through your use of our Online Services, we may collect information about your device such as the device model, and the name and version of the operating system and browser. This information will be retained by Jovia for as long as needed but will only be used for the limited purposes stated within this Policy.
Online Tracking and Advertising on Third Party Sites
We and third-party providers acting upon our behalf use a variety of tools and technologies to collect information when you visit or use our online services, including device data. We use these tools to collect information for debugging, fraud prevention, session management, and other necessary purposes. We also use these to conduct personalization, analytics, and targeted advertising. We may associate this tracking data with your digital banking account if you have one.
These tools include:
• Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your IP address, device type, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
• Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information that we store directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
• Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site.
• IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site.
• Mobile Applications: Jovia’s Mobile Applications for client accounts (“Mobile Applications”) allows you to access your account balances and perform certain functional transactions. This Notice applies to any Personal Information or Other Information that we may collect through the Mobile Applications. Some mobile devices come with a non-permanent advertising identifier or ID which gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifiers at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. In addition, if you have enabled location services on your mobile device, we may collect geolocation data from your device or contact information. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. By turning off ad tracking or location tracking on your mobile device, you may still see the same number of ads as before, but they may be less relevant because they may not be based on your interest.
• Third-party plugins: Our Online Services may include plugins from other companies, including social media companies (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button). These plugins may collect information, such as information about the pages you visit, and share it with the company that created the plugin even if you do not click on the plugin. These third-party plugins are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the companies that created them.
Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Jovia contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. These companies use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you or advertising-related services, such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking
technologies to collect this information. Third Party sites and mobile apps are not subject to Jovia’s Privacy Notices. You should visit the individual sites and mobile apps for
additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt out policies.
Social media sites
Our Online Services are not intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 13 who use our Sites without obtaining consent from a parent or legal guardian. We kindly request that children do not provide information to us through our online services. To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the National Credit Union Administration Regulatory Alert or the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Based upon your device and application setting, we may track your physical location. This information may be provided to mapping applications to assist you in locating nearby branches and ATMs and to provide you with relevant offers. Your location data will be retained by Jovia for as long as needed but will only be used for the limited purposes stated within this Policy.
We have implemented strong security to protect you and your accounts. We use encryption technology to help ensure that information is always passed to Jovia securely. We encourage the use of strong passwords. We use one-time passwords via authenticator app, text messages or email to provide a second layer of security. Please never share your passwords or one-time tokens and we will never ask you for them.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know the information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal, state and industry requirements to protect the security of your nonpublic personal information. Procedures exist to ensure that customer financial information is accurate, current, and complete. Our staff responds to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
It is important that we have accurate and up-to-date information about you. If you notice that
your information is incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us at (516) 561-0030
or visit a branch. You can also review and request changes to certain Personal Information such
as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number on our Sites.