What do I do if I lost a Teller Check or a Money Order?

Lost your Money Order or Teller Check? We're here to help! Stop by your local branch to begin the process.

If you don't have the check, please refer to the appropriate instructions below:

The check was drawn and payable to you: You will need to complete the Affidavit of Lost Official Check Form, which will enable us to redeposit the check into the original account from which it was drawn.

The check was drawn and payable to a third party: Both the member and the payee MUST complete an Affidavit of Lost Check Form, each of which requires a notarized signature. The signed Affidavits affirm that the check was either destroyed, lost, or in the wrongful possession of an unknown person. In accordance with this UCC statute, the funds of the stopped check will not be released to you for 90 days from the date the payment is stopped, after which time the funds will be redeposited into the account from which the funds were originally withdrawn. We require the original forms, we cannot accept copies of the forms.

Please visit one of our branches or mail all completed forms to:

Jovia Financial Credit Union
1000 Corporate Drive
Westbury N.Y. 11590
Attention: Accounting Department

Please note we require originals, we cannot accept copies of the forms. If mail is preferred, please enclose a letter of intent and a phone number where you can be reached should further clarification be required.

Back to Knowledge Base