Do you require flood insurance on my property for a mortgage?

Federal Law requires all lenders to determine whether each home they finance is in a special flood hazard area as defined by FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency. We use a third-party company who specializes in reviewing of flood maps prepared by FEMA to determine if your home is in a flood area. If it is, then flood insurance coverage will be required. Standard homeowner's insurance coverage does not protect you against damages from flooding.

Back to Knowledge Base